THE BUSBANK CHICAGO, IL 2006 – Present
MANAGING DIRECTOR 2014-PRESENT
Named Vice President and an officer of the company in May 2016. Reporting directly to President /CEO and run all key aspects of the business from Sales, Marketing, Operations, and development. Responsible for the day-to day operations of the business with particular emphasis on growing profitable revenue.
• Grew revenue by 7% 2014-2015 and already achieved 2015 revenue goal by August 2016.
• Company net ordinary income increased by 35% by increasing of expenses form 2014-2015.
• 2015-2016 is on pace for a 54% increase.
• Head Project Manager for BusBank web/mobile products such as vendor marketplace, trip calculator, and customer portal.
• Worked with Director of Events to develop FestDrive division. Worked with Developers and designer on designing logo, branding, and website for division launch.
• Lead development of key partnerships such as hotelplanner.com, Trailways, and other industry organizations.
MARKETING AND OPERATIONS DIRECTOR, 2010-2014
Served as a player-manager on a team focused on lead generation, digital marketing, vendor and service management.Revamped marketing and development structure to a mix of external and internal resources. As a member of the teamOverhauled website from a custom CMS to WordPress. Due to this change in CMS, BusBank was able to change URL structures and upgrade website with higher quality content marketing that has increased consistently increased organic traffic by over 20% year over year by 20%. These lead generation efforts drive 80% of BusBank’s customer accounts.
• Gained Press Mentions in major publications such as Chicago Tribune.
• Hiring of Pay Per Click (PPC) marketing manager reduced average cost per PPC lead by 20%. This combined with
organic traffic gains decreased average cost per lead by 50%
• Implemented online customer payments allowing customers to pay via Credit Card on the website. This increased efficiency of accounts receivable and allowed for payments to happen faster. Additionally, allowed for passing of credit card fees onto customer increasing profitability of the company.
• Member of leadership team that scaled company from Chapter 11 to profitability at $18 Million of Revenue
• Altered purchasing and vendor selection to increase net margins by 5%. This change allowed for more consistent process and thru automation of many key items such quality assurance checks, post trip surveying.
SALES CENTER SUPERVISOR, 2008-2010
Sales manager for Inbound and Outbound Sales Staff leading group of up to 40 sales representatives thru Chapter 11 restructure process. Company was able to while retaining revenue, key customers, and vendors.
• Created first SLA with digital marketing vendor to better integrate sales and marketing.
• Collaborated with management team to create and implement company wide sales strategies.
• Administered interviewing, hiring and training of new sales representatives.
• Managed day to day sales activities of team, corrective action and sales plan process for team members
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, 2006-2008
Charter bus sales representative for 8 Midwest states. During this time, I gained knowledge of pricing, and vendors within region. Qualified and sold inbound web leads on charter bus services. Additionally worked on-site at events to learn event transportation logistics.
• Increased sales revenue in territory by over 20% in 2007 and over 35% in 2008.
• Developed and managed transportation solutions with World Sports Chicago for IOC members and delegates.
• Booked and worked on-site ground logistics for 2007 AIBA World Boxing Championship in Chicago.
ONLINE MARKETING CONSULTANT, LANCER INSURANCE; 2011—2014
In 2011, consulted key stakeholders at Lancer Insurance from Executive, Heads of Product lines and the Marketing team on digital marketing best practices. This training ranged from basic web analytics and online marketing for executives to focused training on tools including Google Analytics, Webmaster tools, Adwords, Bing Webmaster tools and MailChimp. The goal of this consulting was to allow Lancer to supplement its traditional broker channels with direct to consumer marketing.
• Revamped Lancer websites and emails to be responsive for better experience across devices.
• Creating of social media profiles and marketing on Facebook, and LinkedIn to reach customers in a new channel.
• Increased organic search visibility by over 150% and increased organic web traffic by 75%.
• Established a clear picture in offline to online channels thru implementation of unique tracking urls and numbers. This
lead to better data about which print ads were driving visits and responses.
Education & Training
Illinois College, Jacksonville, IL — Bachelor of Arts, 2006
HubSpot Inbound Certified 2012 & 2016
HubSpot Certified 2012
SugarCRM Certified Administration Specialist, 2016
Programming: HTML/CSS, MySQL, XML
CRM & Email Marketing: SugarCRM, SalesForce, Marketo, HubSpot, Constant Contact, MailChimp
Analytics: Google Analytics, Hubspot Certified, Google WebMaster Tools
Advertising Software/Platforms: Facebook Ads, Google Adwords, Bing Ads, Acquisio